Sunset from our tent.
Okay, so other things that we forgot to comment on last time:Hiking Poles-98 % of the thru-hikers use them. Can't tell you how many times they've kept us from falling or doing a face plant! Hikers talk about how many times and how they've fallen from all the obstacles on the trail! Also, the hiking poles help to take the stress and load of our feet and knees! I've gotten the strangest tan from my hiking pole straps-a stripe across the back of my hands!
Snot rockets vs snot rag vs kleenex-I prefer kleenex but with my allergies and having used up my kleenex after just 2-3 days, I've had to go to using a snot rag much to my dismay. I won't be trying the snot rockets at all. Knowing me, I'd be getting it all over myself instead of the ground.
Sunset from a shelter.
Resting on a log after a day of hiking!
We will actually be doing our first zero days! Dan's niece is getting married in MD on May 25th. So we will be off the trail from Fri., May 23-Mon., May 26, getting back on on the Tuesday afterward. We're looking forward to resting our tired, aching feet. Other hikers have commented that that's a long time (that we've gone) to go without a zero. Guess I figured that you get on the trail and keep on going unless there's an emergency! We're looking forward to relaxing and spending time with family!
Our next estimated stops:
Estimated date May 28
Dan and Debbie McMonigle
c/o General Delivery
Delaware Water Gap, PA 18327
estimated date May June 10
Dan and Debbie McMonigle
c/o General Delivery
Kent, CT 06757
Thanks to all of you who have sent in donations for Children's Hunger Fund! You are awesome for blessing the needy children with your gifts!
Keep your prayers and comments coming! We appreciate them all!
1 comment:
Heather just got me the link and I am enjoying reading about your adventure!!! I will keep you both in my prayers!!
Cadena Trusty
Post a Comment